Laboratory Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
A Laboratory Technician Apprentice will provide routine, one-off testing and technical support in a scientific laboratory environment.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Data and Science
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Maths and Science Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 months
A Laboratory Technician Apprentice will provide routine, one-off testing and technical support in a scientific laboratory environment. You will be expected to work both individually and as part of a laboratory team, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken.
- Learn to work safely in a laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping while following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems
- Prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures and methods
- Perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand and apply statistical techniques for data presentation
- Learn to analyse, interpret and evaluate data and identify results
- Develop and apply theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology required for the sector and job role
Example job roles include: Laboratory Technician/Laboratory Assistant/Science Technician/Sample Collection Technician/Pharmaceutical Sampler/Drug Sampler/Drug, Alcohol & DNA Sampler.
- IFA Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
Next steps… The Apprenticeship can lead to full time employment in a variety of specialist laboratories; from Pharmaceuticals, Health and Science, to testing of employee samples for a private company and the military.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 Months