The Reach Academy is a unique initiative for academically gifted students, to encourage you to stretch yourself academically and aim high in your university and career ambitions. The programme involves committing approximately 2 hours per week to extra-curricular activities and experiences that will develop your skills and knowledge to benefit your university and job applications.
- What are the benefits of joining the Reach Academy?
- Take part in a programme of extra-curricular activities which will challenge and inspire you to aim high and achieve more.
- Attend regular one-to-one help, advice and mentoring sessions to support your university and career choices.
- Take part in a selective university preparation programme to help you to succeed in applications to Oxford, Cambridge, Science and Medicine courses and the very competitive Russell Group of universities.
- What kind of activities are available?
The programme of events changes each year, but typically includes:
- a residential visit
- inspiring master classes and lectures from top professionals
- conferences, scholarships, internships
- competitions, debates and discussions
You will also have access to the Young Gifted and Talented Academy, including online resources and subject focus days.
- How do I Join?
There are limited places on the Reach Academy. If you are predicted to achieve Grades 7-9 in your GCSEs and you have motivation to explore your subjects outside the classroom, then the Reach Academy would be interested in your application. You will be selected based on your academic qualifications and following an interview with the Reach Academy Coordinator.
As a member of the Reach Academy, you will commit to 60 hours a year for Reach activities in addition to your course studies. This is the equivalent to about 2 hours a week.
The cost of Reach Academy membership is £80 for the full 2 years, which contributes towards an exciting and extensive range of activities and visits. There will be further charges for some events and activities, including the residential visit to London at the start of the programme.
Financial support may be available through the College bursary fund.
Please click here to download an interactive application form. The closing date for applications for September 2020 is Friday 28th of February 2020.
- How do I find out more?
c/o ELB Faculty Staff Office
Telephone: 01392 400644