Study T Levels at Exeter College
Exeter College is one of the first providers in the country to be offering the Government’s new T Level qualifications; a technical-based qualification that is set to revolutionise technical education in the UK.
As a government-selected ‘early adopter’ of the new qualifications, Exeter College is the only place in Devon you can study T Levels for September 2020 entry, with courses initially available in Construction, Digital and Education and Childcare. See below for the full list of our T Levels, which are now open for applications.
How do I study T Levels?
The qualification follows on from GCSEs and will be the equivalent of three A Levels. T Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning and a three month industry placement to ensure students have the skills to thrive in the world of work. A two year course, T Levels aim to provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door to highly skilled employment, higher level study or a Higher Apprenticeship.
As well as offering a clear line of sight to industry, T Levels are recognised by UCAS to support applications to study at university, with a starred distinction in a T Level being worth the equivalent of three A*s at A Level.
What are T Levels like?
T Levels are different to the traditional route of A Levels as they focus on the skill acquisition required to move directly in to industry. Courses consist of around 80% of time spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% spent being on a valuable work placement in a relevant workplace. This differs from an Apprenticeship where around 80% of time is spent with an employer and 20% in the classroom and is more suited to those who feel read to enter the workforce at age 16 while learning at the same time.
Which T Levels are available?
From September 2021 you can apply to study the following:
- Design, Surveying and Planning
- Building Services Engineering (Electrical Installation and Maintenance, Plumbing or Heating)
- Onsite Construction (Bricklaying, Plasterer, Painter and Decorator and Carpenter)
Healthcare, Childcare and Education
From September 2022 you will also be able to study
> Legal, Finance and Accounting
> Business and Administration
> Engineering and Manufacturing
> Healthcare Science
Explore and apply for our T Levels via our course search.
Our dedicated College Advice Team are trained to give you advice and guidance about the college and help you make sense of all the choices.
We continue to invest in our facilities across all the college sites to ensure that all students have access to the best equipment and resources to help them succeed. We keep our facilities and equipment up to date to reflect the developments in industry and business.