Careers With Exeter College
Why Work For Us?
Exeter College is an Ofsted Outstanding, multi award-winning education provider in Devon, but our vision to be an exceptional college is only made possible with the determination and enthusiasm of our staff. We offer a wide range of fulfilling roles across multiple sites, all with the opportunity for further training and development. We acknowledge our employees’ involvement in shaping futures and making a difference by offering amazing benefits and the opportunity to progress and grow in one of the most successful colleges in the South West.
Exeter College ranked 65th in the 2022 Best Companies League Tables as one of the UK’s Best Large Companies to work for, the third year in a row we have featured in the top 100. A Disability Confident employer, we aim to provide an environment where all staff can thrive because they feel valued, engaged and challenged. If you would like to join our team of exceptional people, please have a look at our vacancies below.
We depend on exceptional people to sustain our outstanding performance and reward staff for their hard work. We provide an array of progressive benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance, including:
What else makes us, us?
We recognise the need to develop and retain outstanding staff and therefore invest heavily in a vast range of opportunities for continuous professional development. These include:
- Staff Development Fund – Enables staff to attend external training and development events to enhance their skills, paid for by the college.
- Staff Development Days – A range of sessions each year, from paddle boarding to Insights™ training, provided to support the development and wellbeing of both teaching and support staff.
- Advanced Teaching Practitioners – a core group of exceptional teaching practitioners are on hand across college to support, maintain and develop the standard of teaching delivery, as well as provide advice to new teachers.
- Onsite Spa – Our H2B spa and salon offers a wonderful pampering experience at discounted rates.
- Onsite restaurant – Our @34 restaurant provides staff the opportunity to relax over a coffee or lunch. The restaurant offers a range of eat-in and takeaway options at reasonable prices.
- Employee Assistance Programme – All our staff have access to a free, confidential 24-hour telephone counselling and information service (legal and financial).
- Occupational Health – We have a dedicated on-site occupational health adviser who offers confidential support on health matters.
- Therapy dog – We now have a therapy dog who will be onsite as a calm presence for staff and students to relax with.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
For further information on the College’s commitment visit our Safeguarding page.
Equality and Diversity
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, ability, background, race, disability, religion or belief, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership or pregnancy or maternity status.
We welcome applications for employment from the whole community. Applications from people with disabilities would be particularly welcome and we have the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ accreditation.
Read more on the College’s Values.
Our People Make Us Outstanding
Our College Values are embedded in everything we do, from the way we plan our lessons to the way we behave. Click here to find out more.
Contact the People team
You can contact the People Team either by phone 01392 400360 / 400412 / 400907 or by email email@example.com