Bricklaying – Intermediate Apprenticeship
The Intermediate Apprenticeship offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to develop a career in bricklaying and masonry.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Block Weeks
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Construction Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 Months
A Bricklaying Apprentice will be laying bricks, blocks and other types of building components in mortar to construct and repair walls, foundations, partitions, arches and other structures. You may also refurbish brickwork and masonry on restoration projects.
- Learning how to determine quality and quantities of building material, including mix ratios of mortar and concrete
- How to set out and build brickwork, including simple arches and surrounding brickwork
- Learning how to communicate in a clear, articulate and appropriate manner with clients and team members, ensuring clarity
- Knowledge of buildings from different eras and construction methods
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, hazards, current regulations and legislation
- The importance of thermal qualities, airtightness and ventilation to buildings
You will achieve:
- IFA Level 2 Bricklaying Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps: Employment as a bricklayer within the construction industry.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme. An interest in the industry is essential.
- Trade specific classroom
- Fully equipped wood machine shop
- Practical bench and site workshops
- Learning resource centre
- Additional Costs
At the start of your course you may need to buy some one off basic equipment, tools and textbooks. Your own pair of safety boots is required.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“My Grandad was a carpenter and so from a young age I have always wanted to be a carpenter too. I thought doing an apprenticeship was the best way to get into the trade. If you prefer to be hands on then this course, or any construction course, is perfect, as you are active all... Read more >
I would highly recommend any business to take on an apprentice to benefit future generations. As a former apprentice, I really value the apprenticeship scheme and recognise the importance of offering real life, hands on experiences for new apprentices. I have employed two apprentices who have both been very hard working and dedicated to the... Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: Up to 24 Months.