Financial Support

Some students are eligible for financial support for the costs that they might encounter as part of their studies. Find out your eligibility and what might be on offer for you.

  • Is your household income £50,000* or below? 
  • Would help towards some of the essential costs allow you to keep studying? 

We may be able to help with travel costs, childcare, essential kit and equipment, books, trips and visits, lunch credit, accreditation or professional membership fees, and domestic/accommodation emergencies.

Click here to view 19+ Bursary Information for 2023-24, including information about eligibility and evidence required.  

*Information is accurate for 2023-2024 academic year. Household income thresholds and financial support awards may be subject to change. 

Many of our courses have funded places available click here to find out more and visit course pages for details of which are funded.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Bursary Administrators on:
Telephone: 01392 400526



who are applying to start in the 2023-24 academic year


who are currently studying at Exeter College or have been previously enrolled but are returning to study in the 2023-24 academic year

If you are unable to apply using our online system, please click here to leave your details and request that a paper form is posted to you. 


Students under 20 years old can get financial help with their childcare costs from Care to Learn.

Care to Learn will pay for:

  • Childcare costs while you learn
  • A deposit if one is charged
  • Travel expenses to and from your child care provider

If you are aged over 20 and your household income is under £25,000, you may be eligible for help with childcare costs. You will need to complete a separate application form, in addition to the Student Financial Support Application Form. Childcare costs can be paid for Ofsted registered childcare, and once all governments allowances have been deducted.

19+ Advanced Learner Loans

Thinking about returning to education but unsure of your options regarding funding the course? The Government’s Advanced Learner Loan could help you study now and pay later, if your course is eligible. There are no credit checks and the loan does not depend on your income. For more information speak to one of our Adult Advisers or visit