Exeter is your campus
We are proud to be a city centre College. As well as offering fantastic on-site facilities and opportunities, our position in the city centre allows students to make the most of what is on offer in a bustling and vibrant place. Whether you want to make the most of the opportunities available at the local arts centre or want a quiet study space away from College, there’s something for everyone in Exeter.
With that in mind, we have put together some of our favourite places and things to do in Exeter to make sure you make the most of your time at Exeter College.
What can I do in Exeter?
- Eat and drink – The city has a multitude of choice, whatever your taste buds. From independent cafes to well-loved restaurant chains, we are sure you will find something for you.
- Historic streets – Make the most of your surroundings and go and explore. Take a walk down the historic streets of the city centre or visit the famous Exeter Cathedral, one of the great cathedrals in the country.
- Explore the shops – When you have some down time you might fancy doing a bit of shopping and Exeter certainly has something for everyone. From Princesshay Shopping Centre to the quirky Gandy Street and popular Fore Street, you will never get bored of what is on offer.
- Catch a show – With an array of theatres, museums and galleries, why not brush up on your local history or catch the latest exhibition? We have great connections with a whole host of local businesses including Exeter Phoenix, The Barnfield Theatre and the Royal Albert Memorial Museum (RAMM).
- Find a quiet space to study – If you fancy getting away from campus then you could study in one of Exeter’s great green spaces, Exeter Library or take a stroll down at the quay.
Dartmoor National Park is less than 25 miles away. With a rugged landscape, Bronze Age stone circles and beautiful forests and rivers – this iconic part of Devon is not to be missed.
The nearest beach is only 12 miles away – the perfect place to relax when exam season is over. Devon’s coastline offers something for everyone.
Exeter has great connections to the rest of the country. London is three hours away on the train or you could hop on a bus to Bristol and be there in under two hours.
Ready to start your journey?
You can use our online Course Search to find the right course for you, apply online or speak contact us for more information.