Autocare Technician – Intermediate Apprenticeship
An Autocare Technician Apprentice will be carrying out a range of services and repairs to cars, car derived vans, light goods vehicles, and heavy goods vehicles.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Motor Vehicle, Transport and Logistics
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Day Release
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length up to 30 months
An Autocare Technician Apprentice will carrying out a range of services and repairs to cars, car derived vans and light goods vehicles. You will learn to use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify and repair simple system faults. Throughout the apprenticeship you will also develop skills in handling customers, communication and problem solving.
- How to perform routine vehicle servicing
- How to remove and refit engine, electrical, and chassis components
- How to carry out vehicle safety inspections and routine maintenance
- How to replace/ repair and balance a range of light vehicle tyres, including ultra-low profile, directional, asymmetric and run-flat tyres, fitted to a range of wheel sizes and types
- How to contribute to good housekeeping within your workplace
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Learning to maintain positive working relationships
- Develop communication skills through interacting with customers and colleges
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English Language and Maths. However, we will work with you and
provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- A large modern fully equipped workshop
- A state of the art automotive diagnostic laboratory with test simulators and rigs
- A dedicated IT laboratory with internet access
- Four specific automotive training classrooms
- Meeting and function rooms
- Attached restaurant
- Additional Costs
You will need to purchase some tools and garage equipment eventually.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: up to 36 months