Health T Level
Health T Level
This course is a two year programme aimed at learners who wish to develop their technical knowledge and skills working in the Healthcare Sector, pursuing a career in Adult Nursing, Midwifery or Mental Health Nursing.
- Course Type School Leaver
- Subject Area Health and Care
- Qualification T Level
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
This course is a two year programme aimed at learners who wish to develop their technical knowledge and skills working in the Healthcare Sector, pursuing a career in Adult Nursing, Midwifery or Mental Health Nursing. The purpose of the course is to ensure that all learners have the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into employment or higher level technical training or qualifications relevant to the Healthcare Sector.
- Gain the core knowledge and skills relevant to health – Adult Nursing, Midwifery and Mental Health Nursing. Plus, up to date occupational knowledge and skills that have ongoing currency amongst employers and others
- Achieve the threshold competence that meets employer expectations
- Have opportunities to manage and improve own performance
- Learn about working within the Healthcare Sector; health and safety regulations applicable within the Healthcare Sector; managing personal information; providing person centred care; health and wellbeing; infection prevention and control; safeguarding
You will be assessed through external assessment and a substantial employer set project via practical assessments of skills. As part of achieving the overall T Level programme, students are required to complete a minimum of 315 hours industry placement. These include placements such as hospitals, residential and nursing care homes, day centres, schools, nurseries, specialist care and many more. You will spend a substantial amount of time working in your chosen specialism (Adult Nursing, Midwifery or Mental Health Nursing).
This course is studied on its own and cannot be combined with other courses.
Progression and careers: On successful completion of the T Level, learners will be able to progress onto higher level qualifications such as higher level Apprenticeships, Nursing and Midwifery degrees plus alternative degree courses or employment within the sector.
- Entry Requirements
Grade 4 in GCSE English Language, Maths and Science plus an additional three GCSEs at grade 4 or above, or equivalent. Learners progressing from a Level 2 course will need a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate or Diploma with a good Merit profile plus English and Maths at grade 4 and above.
These courses take place in the Hele Building on the Hele Road site. You will have access to the college’s Learning Resource Centres.
- Additional Costs
There will be a resource fee of £75.00.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 3