IT Infrastructure Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
The Advanced Apprenticeship is suitable for those who already have strong technical knowledge and understanding of ICT systems and who wish to extend their knowledge and skills with more advanced hardware and software issues.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Digital and Technology
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length Up to 18 months
An Infrastructure Technician Apprentice provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology within their role. You will also use tools to problem solve and troubleshoot non- routine problems.
- Setting people up on IT Systems
- Providing customer support
- Rectifying any issues to maintain organisational productivity
- Demonstrate the skills and behaviours needed to operate across platforms securely
- Effectively record, analyse and communicate data
- Optimise the performance of hardware, software and network systems
- Effectively operate a range of mobile devices
- Cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems, and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes
- Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Similarities, differences and benefits of the current operating systems available
- Cloud and cloud services
Example job roles include: Help Desk Technician/First or Second Line Support/IT Infrastructure Technician/Network Support.
- IFA Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps: Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of organisations OR progress onto the Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 18 months