Data Analyst – Higher Apprenticeship
A Data Analyst collects, organises and studies data to provide business insight.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Data and Science
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Day Release
- Course Level Level 4
- Location Digital and Data Centre, Hele Road site
- Course Length Up to 24 Months
A Data Analyst collects, organises and studies data to provide business insight, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, while conducting a range of analytical studies on that information. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholder and customer issues. The role includes documenting and reporting the results of data analysis activities and making recommendations to improve business performance. Develop a good understanding of data structures, systems, procedures and the range of tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses.
- Understand what big data can do for a business
- Work in the data analytics life-cycle
- Work on real-life projects to solve problems using data
- Work with ‘R’ as an industry-standard data analytics tools
- Advanced modelling for big data using industry recognised tools such as Hadoop
- Advanced mathematical analysis techniques at the cutting-edge of statistics
- Learn about designing databases
- Basic and advanced levels of SQL
- Create stunning results through state-of- the-art visualisations
- Sell the impact of your analysis and results to senior management
Example job roles include: Data Scientist/Business Analysts/Database Professional/Media Planner/Finance Analyst/Risk Assessor/Credit Analyst/Actuary/Insurance Underwriting Analyst/Corporate Strategist.
You will achieve:
- BCS Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- Membership to The Chartered Institute for IT
Next steps… The Apprenticeship can lead to employment in businesses and organisations that rely on data to improve themselves, such as consultancies, finance and insurance firms, through to marketing and advertising agencies. You can also consider continuing your studies with the Level 6 Data Scientist Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
GCSEs at grade C/5 or equivalent in English and Maths.
It would be desirable to have Level 3 Maths through qualifications or work experience.
Further entry requirements will be determined by the employer.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like View all Level 4 Courses View all Data and Science Courses
Data Science (BSc Hons) – Higher Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 6
- Duration: 36 months
Data Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 24 Months