Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
This Level 6/7 programme is for those who wish to enter the profession in a full teaching role in post-16 education and training.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Teacher Education
- Qualification PGCE
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 6/7
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length 1 year full time
- Start Date September Yearly
- Day Three days teaching practice in placement faculty, two days PGCE taught sessions.
- Fee £7,495
- Reduced Fee n/a
- Course Code n/a
This Level 6/7 programme is for those who wish to enter the profession in a full teaching role in post-16 education and training. This course is validated by the University of Exeter and incorporates the Diploma in Education and Training (DET). This programme is studied over one year, full time and contributes to professional formation QTLS status. It includes a teaching placement within Exeter College. The PGCE is the required qualification for graduates who wish to become full-role teachers in the post-16 Education and Training sector.
Please note this is not a qualification for schools, this is to teach in post 16 colleges.
If you have any queries please contact the Adult Advice Team on 01392 400170 or email: email@example.com
Topics will include:
Level 6 –
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
Level 7 –
- Theories of Learning and of Managing Behaviour
- Curriculum and Society
- Wider Practice and Professional Development
You will be provided with a teaching practice placement within the college.
Click here to view the Programme Handbook for this course: Teacher Education Programme Handbook
- Entry Requirements
All candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) relevant to the subject the student is planning to teach
- Level 2 English qualification (GCSE Grade C or above, or Access equivalent)
- Level 2 Maths qualification (GCSE Grade C or above, or Access equivalent)
- Good ICT skills
- Candidates must be fit to teach (confirmed by DBS clearance at Enhanced Level, Occupational Health questionnaire and suitable references). If you are interested we strongly advise that you speak to the Adult Advice Team – call 01392 400170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have access to a learning resource centre with computer access in the college and at the University of Exeter. There are refectories in the Tower and Hele Buildings, plus the @34 restaurant and take-away facility. There is a student shop and Student Unions at both the college and University. There is advice and support for students via the HE Office plus a HE study zone in the Tower building.
- Additional Costs
There may be an additional £50 Support Fee payable.
Candidates must also pay for their own DBS check. (approx £50).
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: 2 years part time