Certificate in Education (CertEd)
The Cert Ed is the required qualification for non-graduates or graduates who wish to become full-role teachers in the post-16 Education and Training sector.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Teacher Education
- Qualification CertEd
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Level 5
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length 2 years part time
- Start Date September Yearly
- Times Four hours a week (One morning)
- Fee £3,750 per year (two years)
- Course Code n/a
The Cert Ed is the required qualification for non-graduates or graduates who wish to become full-role teachers in the post-16 Education and Training sector. Please note this is not for schools, it is for post-16 colleges. This course is validated by the University of Exeter and incorporates the Diploma in Education and Training (DET).
For this programme, you must already have 75 teaching hours per year (in an FE College, as a training provider or in a Basic Skills provision role).
Topics will include:
Level four –
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
Level five –
- Theories of Learning and of Managing Behaviour
- Curriculum and Society
- Wider Practice and Professional Development
Please click here to view the Programme Handbook: Teacher Education Programme Handbook
If you have any queries please contact the Adult Advice Team on 01392 400170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry Requirements
All candidates must have:
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) relevant to the subject the student is planning to teach and/or relevant experience of the subject
- English qualification at Level 2 (GCSE grade C (4) or above, or equivalent)
- Maths qualification at Level 1
- Good ICT skills
- Fit to teach (confirmed by DBS clearance at Enhanced Level, Occupational Health questionnaire and suitable references)
You will have access to a learning resource centre with computer access in the college and at the University of Exeter. There are refectories in the Tower and Hele Buildings, plus the @34 restaurant and take-away facility. There is a student shop and Student Unions at both the college and university. There is advice and support for students via the University Level Office plus a University Level study zone in the Tower building.
- Additional Costs
Candidates must pay for their own DBS check.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 6/7
- Duration: 1 year full time