Step into Business – Intermediate Apprenticeship
Apprentices will be supported through the first steps of their professional journey and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their future career whether this be in, for example, business, customer support or hospitality.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Business and Professional Services
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length Up to 18 months
Apprentices will be supported through the first steps of their professional journey and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their future career whether this be in, for example, business, customer support or hospitality. In a programme designed by local employers for local employers, the Apprentice will gain core skills around brand awareness and customer support, but also gain digital badges, develop keyboard skills, learn about resilience and understand how their personal brand can make a positive impact for them and their employer.
- Understanding your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture
- Knowing how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers
- Understanding the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective
- Using a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery
- Treating customers as individuals to provide a personalised customer service experience
- Taking ownership from the first contact and then take responsibility for fulfilling your promise
Pay: Your pay will depend on your employer. There are minimum wage guidelines in place for Apprentices based on your age and how long you have been in the role. Often employers do offer more in order to secure new talent. If you are already in a job and your employer is offering training through an apprenticeship it is common place that your wage and contract will remain the same.
- Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
- End Point Assessment
- Digital Training
- Keyboard and Microsoft skills
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You will have access to a Learning Resource Centre. There is a refectory in Victoria House.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: 18-24 months
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: 24 Months