Step into Business (Customer Service) – Intermediate Apprenticeship
Apprentices will be supported through the first steps of their professional journey and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their future career whether this be in, for example, business, customer support or hospitality.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Business and Professional Services
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Day Release
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length Up to 18 months
Apprentices will be supported through the first steps of their professional journey and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for their future career whether this be in, for example, business, customer support or hospitality. In a programme designed by local employers for local employers, the Apprentice will gain core skills around brand awareness and customer support, but also gain digital badges, learn about resilience and understand how their personal brand can make a positive impact for them and their employer.
- Understanding your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture
- Knowing how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers
- Understanding the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective
- Using a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery
- Treating customers as individuals to provide a personalised customer service experience
- Taking ownership from the first contact and then take responsibility for fulfilling your promise
Example job role: Customer Support Staff.
You will achieve:
- Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
- End Point Assessment
- Digital Training
- Microsoft skills
Next steps… Apprentices can progress onto The Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and full time employment.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You will have access to a Learning Resource Centre. There is a refectory in Victoria House.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like View all Level 2 Courses View all Business and Professional Services Courses
Learning and Development Consultant/Business Partner – Higher Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: 18 months
HR Consultant/Partner – Higher Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: Up to 24 months
Associate Project Manager – Higher Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: 24 Months