Hospitality Management – Higher Apprenticeship
This qualification allows Apprentices to progress and recognise a more senior role in their hospitality and catering career and to gain a formal Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Hospitality and Catering
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 4
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length Up to 18 months
A Hospitality Manager Apprentice will work in a variety of organisations focusing on ensuring excellent customer experience. You will generally specialise in a particular area, however core knowledge, skills and behaviours must be aligned.
- Understand how to use relevant operating models to help achieve the vision and objectives of hospitality businesses and how these are used
- Know how to identify potential risks to people and the business and how to plan for and minimising the impact
- How to manage your talent and empower your team
- Understand the responsibilities of an employer and the importance of appropriate decision-making
- Determine the customer service journey
- Understand the impact of service failure on hospitality and develop successful service recovery strategies
- Use a wide range of management and leadership skills to motivate and inspire others
- Understand the ethos of a diverse and inclusive culture
Example job roles include: Food and Beverage Manager/House Keeping Manager/Front Office Manager/Revenue Manager/Conference and Events Manager/Hospitality Outlet Manager/Kitchen Manager/Multi-Functional Manager.
- IFA Hospitality Management Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of organisations in hospitality roles.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and
in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym. In particular, hospitality Apprentices have access to purpose built kitchens and restaurant.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
What our students think?
“My apprenticeship will help me take the next step in my career at St Austell Brewery and hopefully progress onto an Assistant or General Manager role. I’ve always wanted to understand the kitchen side of things and taking a Commis Chef Apprenticeship gives me a better understanding of the business as a whole.” Joey Harris,... Read more >
“Some businesses get stuck in their ways, but having an apprentice learning with the College can bring new ideas to your business. Apprentices get the opportunity to learn techniques and pick up influences that they might not have the opportunity to in their own company – it opens them up…” Read more >