Civil Engineering – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering is for those wanting to develop a career in the civil engineering sector.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Construction Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 months
A Civil Engineering Apprentice will provide technical support to engineers and other construction professionals. You will be required to have a broad skills base to work in areas which include sustainable construction, structural integrity, geotechnics, materials, tunnelling, marine and coastal engineering, water, waste management, flood management, transportation and power.
- Learn different techniques and methods used to design, build and maintain civil engineering projects
- Understand the appropriate scientific, technical and engineering principles relating to the design, delivery and maintenance of infrastructure and buildings
- Develop your communication skills using a range of techniques
- Understand all the safe working practices and how to ensure them
- Work with others to produce integrated engineering solutions, correctly using resources and time
- Learn about sustainable development and your own contribution to economic, environmental and social wellbeing
Example job roles include: Civil Engineer/Civil Infrastructure Engineer/Civil Design Engineer/Quantity Surveyor.
You will achieve:
- IFA Level 3 Electrical Instillation Apprentice
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment OR progress onto a Level 4 Civil Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme. An interest in the industry is essential and you must be employed as a trainee civil engineer.
- Learning centre
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
What our students think?
I would highly recommend any business to take on an apprentice to benefit future generations. As a former apprentice, I really value the apprenticeship scheme and recognise the importance of offering real life, hands on experiences for new apprentices. I have employed two apprentices who have both been very hard working and dedicated to the... Read more >
“My Grandad was a carpenter and so from a young age I have always wanted to be a carpenter too. I thought doing an apprenticeship was the best way to get into the trade. If you prefer to be hands on then this course, or any construction course, is perfect, as you are active all... Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 12 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 Months
- Level: Level 2/3
- Duration: 24 Months