Outstanding Student Achievements Celebrated at Exeter College Awards
Monday 14 January 2019
The Exeter College Student Awards has celebrated the successes of outstanding students - marking yet another stellar year.
Twenty-four exceptional college student award winners from across Devon were honoured at a glittering gala dinner held on Thursday, January 10th 2019.
The award winners covered the broad range of programmes on offer at Exeter College, including A Levels, the International Baccalaureate, Technical Programmes, part time programmes and an increasing range of Apprenticeships.
The college was delighted to welcome Rob Baxter, Exeter Chiefs Director of Rugby and Exeter College alumnus, as the guest speaker at the awards.
The college would like to thank the many sponsors who supported the inspirational event, held at Exeter’s Mercure Rougemont Hotel.
The awards mark the culmination of an outstanding year at the college, highlights include the college’s best ever results, a top ranking for employer satisfaction, Exeter College being named top college for STEM nationwide, and, with the support of the LEP, the official opening of a state-of-the-art £3 million Advanced Engineering Centre.
To cap it all, Exeter College was recently named as a finalist for the coveted title of ‘FE College of the Year 2019’ in the national Tes FE Awards.
John Laramy, Exeter College Principal and Chief Executive, said: “The annual Exeter College Student Awards marks the culmination of yet another-record breaking year for the college. Demonstrating the impact of fantastic students and apprentices, working with truly great staff.
“It gives us the opportunity to acknowledge, in particular, those students who have excelled in their studies, preserved under difficult circumstances, or have contribute positively to their peers, faculty, college and the wider community.
“We recognise that our success is not luck, an absolutely key ingredient is our partners and employers. We are extremely proud of the college’s role in our community, which is reflected by the wide range of sponsors for our awards. Thank you to all of our supporters.
“This year we were delighted to welcome, as our guest of honour and guest speaker, Rob Baxter, Exeter College alumnus and Director of Rugby at Exeter Chiefs.”
Rob Baxter, Director of Rugby at Exeter Chiefs, said: “As someone who had previously attended Exeter College I was delighted to be invited to speak at an awards dinner that recognised and celebrated the achievements of so many young people.
“Some of their stories are truly inspirational and to see the support the students have, not only from their college faculties, but also from the wider business and civic community really brought home the positive work the college does within the city of Exeter and the wider community.”
The award sponsors at the event were: Arconic, Bishop Fleming, Devon County Council, DevonLive, Exeter Airport, Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Exeter City Council, Flybe, Foot Anstey, InExeter, Kislingbury Property Consultants, Mi-space/Midas, National Citizens Service (City Community Trust), Pearson, Santander, Savills, SWComms, Visit Exeter. Westlake & Spence.
We are also grateful for our other event supporters, Purple, The Cover Cupboard, and Pollards Print.
Thanks also go to Exeter Live Better for supporting the drinks reception at this year’s Student Awards.
Outstanding Student Achievements Celebrated at Exeter College Awards: Pictured from left to right: Nicola Wood, Abbie Densham, Eleanor Harvey, Emily Piper, Harry Sewter, John Brimicombe, Silvia Christoforou, Oliver Daw, Lois Coram, Jessica Dennis, John Laramy (Exeter College Principal and Chief Executive), Natalie Hardwidge, Rob Baxter, (Exeter Chiefs Director of Rugby and Exeter College alumnus), Jane Horton, David Allen OBE (Chair of the Board, Exeter College), Keely White, Tom Burrows, Meagan Green, David Carver, Sophie West, Charlotte Atkinson.
Don’t Miss! Follow in the footsteps of Exeter College’s student award winners. Don’t miss our last cross college Exeter College Open Event of this academic year, this Wednesday, 16th January, 2019 5pm – 8pm. Register today: exe-coll.ac.uk
- Access and Higher Education – Nicola Wood - Exmouth
- Adult Learner – Natalie Hardwidge - Broadclyst
- Art and Design – Lois Coram - Silverton
- Business and IT – Ashleigh Bedford - Newton Abbot
- Construction – James Plant - Newton Poppleford
- Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive – Eleanor Harvey - Exeter
- English, Language and International Baccalaureate – Vincent Radley - Exeter
- Flybe Academy – Charlotte Atkinson - Newton Abbot
- Foundation Studies – Jessica Dennis - North Tawton
- Healthcare, Childcare and Public Services – Emily Barnacle - Lympstone
- Hospitality, Hair and Beauty – John Brimicombe - Exeter
- Humanities - Keely White - Exeter
- International – Kunchaya Soinak - Thailand
- Journalism Academy – Silvia Christoforou - West Hill
- Maths and Science – Abbie Densham - Exeter
- Media and Performing Arts – Leah James - Exeter
- Michael Caines Academy – Oliver Daw - Newton Abbot
- Music Academy – Harry Sewter - Exeter
- Professional Studies – Jane Horton - Plymouth
- Reach Academy – Tom Burrows - Exmouth
- School of Art – Sophie West - Tiverton
- Spencer Dale Economics – David Carver - Exeter
- Sport, Leisure and Tourism – Emily Piper - Exeter
- Sports Academy – Meagan Green - Tiverton