What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Advanced Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry offers a practical approach and a solid platform for anyone wishing to further develop a career as a carpenter within the construction industry. This Apprenticeship provides an excellent way to build on your Level experience and progress on to further training.
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
• Carry out maintenance to on-structural carpentry work
• Carry out structural carcassing operations
• Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
• Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
• Understanding construction technology
• Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
• Advanced first fix (bespoke frames, door frame/window, shaped linings, staircase with turns, partitions with a change of direction and openings)
• Advanced second fix (side hung doors in pairs or doubles, ironmongery in sets, detail mouldings, bespoke kitchens, service encasements, panelling)
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Apprentices are required to have GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or equivalent. You also must have completeda Level 2 Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry.
What facilities are there?
What can the course lead on to?
Are there any additional costs?
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.