What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
The Advanced Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship allows learners to work in a variety of senior roles in the social care sector. Be it residential care for the elderly or community adult support and everything in between. When completed, this Apprenticeship will confirm occupational knowledge, competence and is the recognised qualification in the sector.
Assessment will include:
• Multiple choice situational judgement test
• Professional discussion
What topics will I study?
Topics will include:
• Safeguarding and protection in care settings
• Responsibilities of a care worker
• Promote personal development in care settings
• Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
• Promote communication in care settings
• Promote effective handling of information in care settings
• Duty of care in care settings
• Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
• Promote person centred approaches in care settings
What experiences will I get?
You will benefit from links with companies across Devon and gain invaluable skills within industry.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners ideally need to have Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent. Learners should also have completed Level 2 Health and Social Care or the Level 2 Adult Care worker Aprpenticeship.
What facilities are there?
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym.
What can the course lead on to?
This course will launch you directly into the workplace and provides an excellent way to build your career and progress to further training or full time work.
Are there any additional costs?
What support can I get?
You will have a dedicated Skills Officer who you can contact at any time. They will visit you in the workplace every 10 weeks to carry out a progress review with you and your employer.
What will this training cost me?
This can vary depending on the age of the Apprentice and the size of an organisation. There will be no cost to the Apprentice.