Teaching Assistant – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Level 3 Apprenticeship is designed for teaching assistants and learning support staff.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Education and Early Years
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length minimum of 18 months
Choose this course if… you want to be part of a busy school or college atmosphere and have the desire to support young people with their learning, social and emotional development. You need patience, understanding and good communication skills.
What will an Apprentice learn?
This Level 3 Apprenticeship is designed for teaching assistants and learning support staff. You will be working under the direction of a teacher who has overall responsibility for teaching and learning in the classroom. You may plan and run intervention groups, provide pastoral support or have a particular responsibility. The Apprenticeship develops problem solving, communication, literacy and numeracy, and team working skills, which are vital to the sector.
• Child development
• Supporting Health and Safety
• Personal development
• Supporting learning activities
• Promoting positive behaviour
• Communication and professional relationships with children and adults
• Promoting equality and diversity
• Supporting assessment for learning
• Schools as organisations
You will also have a chance to choose three or four optional units which reflect your job role.
Pay: Your pay will depend on your employer. There are minimum wage guidelines in place for Apprentices based on your age and how long you have been in the role. Often employers do offer more in order to secure new talent. If you are already in a job and your employer is offering training through an Apprenticeship it is
common place that your wage and contract will remain the same.
• IFA Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
• If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths and in some cases ICT, however, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You need patience, understanding, and a strong desire to work with people and good communication skills. You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for your employer.
- Tutorial and assessor support
- Online portfolio and resources
- You will have access to a learning resource centre
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Minimum of 12 months