Early Years Educator – Advanced Apprenticeship
The Advanced Apprenticeship is for more experienced employed individuals who wish to further develop skills and knowledge as well as practical work experience in roles involving working with children.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Education and Early Years
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Course Length Up to 24 Months
Early Years Educators are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. They work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, pre schools, reception classes and as childminders. They may either be working on their own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
- Developing effective study skills
- Promote the partnership working with parents model and support positive behaviour with children
- Promote diversity, equality and inclusion
- Work in partnership with colleagues and other professionals
- Plan and implement activities, play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote children’s health and welfare
- Promote health and safety of children
- Support children’s speech, language and communication development
- Support organisational requirements for recording, storing and disclosing information and providing reports
- Support children’s creative and imaginative play experiences
- Support children experiencing transitions and significant events
Example job roles include: Nursery Assistant/ Childminder Special Educational Needs Assistant/ Playworker/ Preschool Assistant
You will achieve:
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator)
- If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
Next steps: with additional experience, an Early Years Educator can become the manager of an early years setting.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths and in some cases ICT, however, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You need patience, understanding, a strong desire to work with children and good communication skills. You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for your employer.
You will have access to a Learning Resource Centre. There is a refectory in the Hele Building.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 2 years