Personal Training – Health and Fitness – Advanced Apprenticeship
A Personal Training Apprentice will work within a gym environment, helping clients to reach their fitness goals.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Fitness, Activity Leadership and Leisure
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Course Length Minimum of 15 months
A Personal Training Apprentice will work within a gym environment, helping clients to reach their fitness goals. You will create bespoke programmes based on your knowledge of health and fitness, the equipment available and the desired outcome. A personal trainer will support a client from start to finish, providing an initial demo and then offering mentoring and guidance they’re after.
- Developing the knowledge needed to build bespoke programmes to help clients reach their fitness goals
- How to effectively communicate with a client to understand their current fitness level and desired outcome
- Instructing effectively through good leadership and clear speech
- Developing your own skills in the gym to help create new programmes for your clients
- Understand how to utilise all gym machines and equipment
- Learn the required Health and Safety for each machine and activity to stop clients from getting injured
- Develop methods to motivate and encourage others
Example job roles include: Personal Trainer/Gym Instructor/Gym Leader/Coach.
- NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Activity Leadership
- If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment within a public leisure facility or a private gym/health centre.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.