Activity Leadership Outdoors – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Intermediate Apprenticeship has been designed for those who want to gain a broad, but solid foundation to allow them to follow a career in the vibrant, exciting and expanding outdoor adventure sector.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Fitness, Activity Leadership and Leisure
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Course Length up to 18 months
- Start Date Rolling start
An Outdoor Leader Apprentice will instruct and guide people in the outdoors through adventurous activities. Your main responsibility will be to run safe and enjoyable activity sessions. You must have a passion for leading, as well as for outdoor sports. Inspire a new generation to take up more adventurous sports and promote your favourite sport/sports through this exciting Apprenticeship.
- How to correctly plan, lead and conclude outdoor activity sessions
- Training in the technical skills of a variety of outdoor activities, such as kayaking, canoeing, caving, archery, etc
- Develop leadership and communication skills with fellow team members and customers
- Learn the Health and Safety measures required when carrying out adventurous activities
- Leading and coaching both land and water activities
- Develop your team working skills when leading activities with other instructors
We are here to help – speak to a member of our team:
T: 01392 400800
Example job roles include: Activity Leader/ Outdoor Adventure Coach/Your role might specialise in one activity, such as Climbing Instructor
Next steps… Some Apprentices go straight into employment as an Outdoor Activity Leader.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You need to be employed and have a keen interest in outdoor adventurous activities and working in the outdoors with children, teenagers and adults in all types of outdoor environments and weather conditions etc.
You will have access to the facilities at Haven Banks Outdoor Education for college based NVQ knowledge and technical skills development delivery sessions.
- Additional Costs
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2/3
- Duration: Up to 2.5 years
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: To be confirmed