Certificate in Personal Training
Certificate in Personal Training
Becoming a Personal Trainer is a very rewarding career for those looking to help others achieve their fitness goals.
- Course Type Adult - Professional
- Subject Area Sport, Fitness and Outdoor Adventure
- Qualification Active IQ Certificate
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length 16 Weeks
- Start Date Various - please see below*
- End Date Various*
- Day Wednesdays
- Times 09:00-16:00
- Fee £1,200.00 (*Advanced Learner Loan is available)
- Reduced Fee £40.00
This ACTIVEIQ Personal Trainer course is the perfect course for the working professional. You will be given all of the knowledge you need to become a first class personal trainer and work as a self-employed or employed personal trainer.
DAY START END TIMES LOCATION Wednesday 25-Sep-19 05-Feb-20 09:00 – 16:00 Victoria House Wednesday 04-Mar-20 01-Jul-20 09:00 – 16:00 Victoria House
To find out more:
Telephone: 01392 400170
*This course is eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. Level 3 and 4 courses for those aged 19 and over (on the date you start a course) no longer receive Government funding so the learner is responsible for the full cost of the course. Contact us to find out more.
What topics will I study?
Our Level 3 Personal Trainer courses will develop students to an experienced and confident level to plan and implement 1 – 2 – 1 exercise programmes, covering subjects including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Programming Principles for Personal Trainers (including special populations and different environments)
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions (including functional and portable equipment)
- Functional Training and Movement Analysis
- Client Lifestyle and Fitness Appraisal (including lifestyle and stress management)
- Postural and Core Stability
- Flexibility Methods
- Core Training
- Introduction to Communication, Motivational Techniques and Behaviour Change Strategies
- 2 x 60 minute multiple choice examinations
- 1 x 1 hour Practical Assessment
- 1 x 12 week periodised programme, 4 programme cards and the completion and evaluation of knowledge questions
- 4 PT sessions
- 1 x Professional Discussion exploring your 12 week plan
- 1 x Client Lifestyle Assessment 1 x Nutrition Case Study
Progression onto roles in exercise referral and personal training as well as Level 4 specific units associated with the health and fitness industry.
- Entry Requirements
This course has a prerequisite of the Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate or Level 2 Exercise to Music Certificate.Writing and numeracy skills are also required for presentation of course work. Minimum age is 18. A copy of your current Level 2 fitness instructor qualification will be needed.
Central Fitness (college gym) – a fully equipped fitness centre.
- Additional Costs
None – the fee includes ACTIVEIQ registration and certification.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.