2D Computer Aided Design
2D Computer Aided Design
This course continues the themes begun in ‘Introduction to 2D CAD’ and completes with a City and Guilds assessment which is certified. This course is suitable for those who are new to AutoCAD and/or have a limited understanding of electronic drawing and want to learn the basics of how to design using the computer correctly. You will leave with a good understanding of the software that could lead into your first job as a draughts person or improve your confidence within a current employed situation.
- Course Type Adult - Professional
- Subject Area Engineering and Aerospace
- Qualification City and Guilds Award
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length 24 weeks
- Start Date 07-Sept-20
- End Date 15-Mar-21
- Day Monday
- Times 18:00-20:30
- Fee £515
- Reduced Fee N/A
- Course Code K2EACAD0/0/1
This course continues the themes begun in ‘Introduction to 2D CAD’ and completes with a City and Guilds assessment which is certified.
This course is suitable for those who are new to AutoCAD and/or have a limited understanding of electronic drawing and want to learn the basics of how to design using the computer correctly. You will leave with a good understanding of the software that could lead into your first job as a draughts person or improve your confidence within a current employed situation.
The majority of the course is hands on and you will work at your own pace using a series of prepared workbook style methods: these will include all of the necessary elements required to successfully achieve each task. Your tutor is there at all times to guide and support your learning.
You will have your own computer in a well-equipped modern CAD room within Exeter College’ Technology Centre.
During the build up activities you will be assessed by continual task completion which will be marked with written feedback.
You will then be given two timed practical assignments which will test competence against the scheme criteria.
When all drawing is completed and assessed, you will then be required to complete a short written question and answer paper based test which covers the knowledge requirements as mentioned in the previous section.
Day Start Finish Time Weeks Fee Site Course code Mon 07-Sep-20 15-Mar-21 18:00-20:30 24 £515 TC K2EACAD0/0/1
Note: There is some flexibility as to how long a course will take individuals, as you may choose to complete early and take the required assessments before the weekly limit has been reached.
What topics will I study?
- Use associated I.T and CAD hardware and operating system
- Use basic file management techniques and maintain health and safety requirements
- Use and identify key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment
- Use a range of viewing commands and set up the drawing space
- Use drawing commands to produce shapes
- Use the CAD software’s co-ordinate system to aid accurate drawing
- Use hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines
- Use basic editing commands and produce simple hard copies
This course is a pre-requisite for ‘Certificate in 2D Computer Aided Design (City and Guilds)’.
- Entry Requirements
- No specific qualifications are necessary, just a basic understanding of computers is required
- Candidates are required to have basic literacy and numeracy skills, i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks and to write answers in a legible form
- Good organisational skills and a keen interest in the subject would also be of natural benefit
A new £8.3 million Technology Centre at Monkerton opened in September 2012. The centre combines the training and teaching of aerospace, engineering and automotive students with access to state of the art equipment within world class facilities. The CAD/CAM Suite includes 25 computers running the latest versions of AutoCAD, Inventor, Solid Works, EdgeCAMand SIEMENS 828d/840d control. You will also have access to a learning resource centre.
- Additional Costs
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.