What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This Level 2 course is designed for those who want to gain a first qualification in counselling. It is useful to those interested in improving their workplace skills, and is a first step qualification for those interested in training to become professional counsellors. For those not yet ready for an accredited qualification or for those who would like to find out what it’s all about, we offer our one -day 'Taster' in Counselling Skills - click here to find out more
This course provides two credits at Level 2 and is designed for those who want to experience the skills of basic counselling.
This course will be run over the following dates for the next academic year:-
- 14th, 22nd, 28th Sept (Sat, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
- 24th Sept, 1st, 8th, 15th, 29th Oct and 5th Nov (Tues eve, 6 weeks) 5.30pm-9.00pm
- 9th, 16th, 23rd November (Sat, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
- 11th, 18th, 25th Jan (Sat, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
- 1st, 8th, 15th Feb (Sat, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
- 18th, 25th April and 2nd May (Sat, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
- 5th, 12th, 19th May and 2nd, 9th, 16th June (Tues eve, 6 weeks) 5.30pm-9.00pm
- 5th, 12th, 19th June (Fri, 3 weeks) 09:00-16:30
Unfortunately you cannot pay by instalments for this course.
Working group sizes and learning methods will vary. The latter will include discussions, experiential exercises, practising skills and some written exercises. You will be encouraged to take responsibility for your own learning with the tutor's support and guidance. You will be expected to demonstrate practical skills which will be observed and assessed by the tutor. You will also be expected to complete a personal journal after each training day which will be assessed by the tutor. Support and guidance will be available.
The course looks at some theory underpinning the skills of counselling and involves the completion of a written assignment. This qualification is as useful for those working with people as it is for those considering a career in counselling.