Introducing you to the Virtual Exeter College Experience
This October our College Open Events are heading online with the Virtual Exeter College Experience offering all learners considering joining us in 2021 the information they need to make the right decision for their future.
What is a Virtual Experience?
As an Ofsted Outstanding provider, we’re passionate about continuing to innovate for you, our learners, so we’ve put together a suite of online content, including videos, Q&As and blogs, to help you get all the information you need at your fingertips before choosing to study with us. Our aim is that you will be able to access everything you would at a traditional open event.
As part of the Virtual Exeter College Experience, interactive subject talks, complete with question and answer sessions, will be available on the following dates: Wednesday 14th October 2020, Wednesday 18th November 2020 and Tuesday 19th January 2021.
How do I register?
You can register online now. This will give you access to exclusive videos on facilities, subject areas and what makes us an exceptional learning environment.
By registering for the Virtual Exeter College Experience, you can also use the LiveChat function on the website on the above dates, getting another chance to speak directly with lecturers or one of our specialist support teams on what it’s like to study with us.
Who can register?
Anyone who’s interested in joining Exeter College in 2021 can register, including school leavers, adult learners and those interested in Apprenticeships and HE programmes.
How will it work?
- Once you have registered you will be able to access information from five main sections, each featuring informative short videos.
- Getting started on your journey to Exeter College
- Subject area overview
- Student Life
For example; you could watch the following:
- Principal’s Talk
- About Exeter College
- Choosing Your Course
- A Level Talk/Vocational & T Levels talk/Apprenticeships Talk
- Subject area overview
- College Advice Team Walking Tour
- Enrichment Video
- There will then be a wide range of Live Presentations from subject leaders on the above dates, where you can find out more about the subjects you are interested in. This is a more in-depth look at specific subjects and you will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end.
How will I access the Live Presentations?
On the day of the event, you will be sent a link via email to access these presentations. They can be accessed via Microsoft Teams, no download necessary. By being registered, you get access to all Live Presentations, so can browse through any courses that interest you.
How do I get my questions answered?
There are two ways of asking your questions. On Wednesday 14th October 2020, Wednesday 18th November 2020 and Tuesday 19th January 2021, you will be able to use LiveChat to speak to subject leaders and support staff. On these dates, you will also be able to access live presentations and ask questions via Microsoft Teams.
Remember, registering for the Virtual Exeter College Experience lets you:
- Find out more about subjects that interest you
- Learn about what it’s like to study with Exeter College
- Discover all the different study routes available for you
Click here to register for the Virtual Exeter College Experience.