Esports – Production and Management
This exciting hands-on progression course will give you an excellent grounding in the business of Esport.
- Course Type School Leaver
- Subject Area Information Technology
- Qualification Level 3 Foundation/Extended Diploma
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Digital and Data Centre, Hele Road site
- Course Length 2 years
This exciting and demanding course prepares you for working in Esport and related industries. The skills gained and existing skills you will improve upon will be showcased in an online outward facing professional portfolio of work that will also include all assessment for the qualification. This will demonstrate your ability to apply transferable skills to a wide variety of industries, and you will acquire the digital skills which are particularly relevant in a post-covid world.
On this course you will:
- Work as a member of a mixed skill set group managing and producing your allocated Esport team
- Promote, name, brand, plan events for and in all ways be responsible for matches and success in National Championship Competitions
- Our day-to-day lessons cover a variety of modules that are relevant to producing and managing esports teams and events. We draw from a wide range of sectors, including Esports Business, Sport, Creative Media, and IT. The course is designed for learners who want to develop a range of skills such as gameplay performance analysis and improvement, business skills for launching esports teams and organisations, managing health and fitness for players, esports events management, streaming, brand design, video editing, games gesign, shoutcasting, coaching, psychology, nutrition. By the end of the course, you’ll have all the skills you need to succeed in this exciting and rapidly growing industry!
There are no exams. You will be assessed entirely through coursework.
This course is ideal if you are a self-motivated learner. You wish to extend and apply skills in audio production, video production, social media marketing, event management, coaching, game analysis and entrepreneurism. You are interested in the Esport and Games industries.
Future Steps: The Esport and Games industry is larger than UK TV and Film industry combined and offers new opportunities in a wide range of support production and management roles that this course will help prepare you for. Alternatively, the range of skills developed is suitable for many degrees, including the rapidly expanding Esport and Games degrees. You can also progress on to the Higher Technical Education programme at the College.
- Entry Requirements
You will need five GCSE (or equivalent) subjects at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths.
Exeter College will has fully equipped Esport studios making us equipped to deliver Esport qualifications to the highest standard within the industry.
We have a suite of dedicated games computers with gaming keyboards and mice connected to our top-spec network for ‘out of hours’ events. We have competitive games installed as well as a broad range of industry standard creative software.
The Digital and Data Centre is a £10.3million building which opened in July 2021. Complete with digital learning laboratories, state-of-the-art IT suites and interactive seminar spaces, learners have access to cutting edge equipment to help gear them to move directly into industry or further study.
- Additional Costs
To be confirmed.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.