What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This is a competency based course recognising your ability to gain a good knowledge and understanding of a subject and to perform varied tasks in your workplace. You will be observed and you will also be completing assignments. We use an online electronic portfolio which is accessible 24/7 and is a good way of keeping in touch with your skills officer.
This is for those working in a Dental role at a practice or a hospital, There are 4 exam units to this qualification that are multiple choice question and answers, the exams will be sat here at the college at set intervals. (Learners get 2 attempts at the exam) Course fees will cover one attempt per exam.
*Course dates are:-
- 18th September 2017 to the 17th September 2019.
- 15th January 2018 to the 14th January 2020.
- 21st April 2018 to the 20th April 2020.
**This course is eligable for an Advanced Learner Loan. Click here for further information.
To find out more:
Telephone: 01392 400577
You will undertake 15 Mandatory units examples of which are listed below.
- First Aid
- Roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse
- Health and Safety
- Prepare and maintain the clinical environment
- Provide chair side support for non-surgical endodontic treatment
- Principles of infection control
- Provide information and support to patients on the protection of their oral health
- Provide chair side support for the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery