What is it like to study this course and how will I be assessed?
This is a competency-based course recognising your ability to gain a good knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse. To enable you to perform various tasks and procedures in your workplace or dental setting.
You will be observed on a regular basis in your setting which completes the practical side of the portfolio, the theory aspects are covered by tutorials, assignments and professional discussions.
There are four mandatory exam units to the qualification, these are multiple choice online exams which are booked and sat here at the College. (Please note learners get two attempts per exam included in the fee).
Dates are as follows:
- 17.09.2018 to 16.09.2020 - variable days
- 14.01.2019 to 13.01.2021 - variable days
- 15.04.2019 to 13.04.2021 - variable days
**This course is eligable for an Advanced Learner Loan. Click here for further information.
To find out more:
Telephone: 01392 400577
You will undertake 15 mandatory unit's examples of which are listed below:
- First aid
- Roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse
- Health and safety
- Prepare and maintain the clinical environment
- Provide chairside support for non-surgical endodontic treatment
- Principles of infection control
- Provide information and support to patients on their oral health
- Provide chairside support for the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery.