Lead Adult Care Worker – Advanced Apprenticeship
The Advanced Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship allows learners to work in a variety of senior roles in the social care sector.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Health and Care
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Course Length Up to 12 months
A Lead Adult Care Worker Apprentice will offer frontline support for vulnerable adults a home, day care centre, residential or nursing home, and other healthcare setting. You will also provide leadership, guidance and direction for others who may be less experienced.
- Understanding the importance of communication between patients and team members
- Support and enable individuals to achieve their personal aims and goals
- How to lead and support others • Understand what ‘duty of care’ means
- Identify, respond to and escalate changes to physical, social and emotional needs of individuals
- Recognise potential signs of different forms of abuse
- Learn Health and Safety practices for self, employer and workers, and recognise unsafe environments
- Breaking down communication barriers
- How to monitor, plan and review a care plan in response to changing physical, social and emotional needs of individuals
Example job roles include: Care worker/Support Worker/Relief Team Worker/Home Care Support Worker/Mental Health Outreach Worker/Family Support Worker/Community Development Worker.
- IFA Lead Adult Care Worker
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment OR progress on to the Level 4 Care and Leadership Management Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the college Gym.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.