Dental Nursing – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Advanced Apprenticeship has been designed specifically for those work as Dental Nurses in a clinical dental setting.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Health and Care
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Day Release
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length Up to 27 months
A Dental Nurse Apprentice will assist other dental health professionals, providing chair side support and a high level of patient care. You will work in a variety of clinical environments and the apprenticeship will reflect all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a Dental Nurse’s role. You will be provided with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
- Learn the basic principles of a population health care approach, including oral and general health care
- Understand commonly used dental materials and equipment, their uses and applications, handling, storage and disposal
- Learn how to recognise the range and functions of normal human structures
- Advise patients on oral health maintenance
- Support members of the dental health care team in the delivery of health care advice and preventative support
- Prepare and maintain the clinical environment before, during and after dental procedures
- Put patients’ interests first and act to protect them
You will achieve:
- IFA Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a private or public health practice.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 or above in English and Maths and in some cases ICT, however, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You need patience, understanding, a strong desire to work with people and good communication skills. You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for your employer. Inline with the GDC requirements, your employer will ask you to have a course of Hep B Vaccinations.
You will have access to a learning resource centre. There is a restaurant and coffee shop on the Hele Road Campus.
- Tutor and assessor support
- Online portfolio and resources
- Additional Costs
You will be required to wear a uniform as part of your job role and there may be resources that you will be required to purchase.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like View all Level 3 Courses View all Health and Care Courses
Lead Adult Care Worker – Advanced Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 18 months
Adult Care Worker – Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: up to 18 months