Hospitality Supervisor – Advanced Apprenticeship
Hospitality supervisors work across a wide variety of businesses including bars, restaurants, cafés, hotels or contract caterers.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Hospitality and Catering
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length Up to 18 months
Hospitality supervisors work in a wide variety of businesses including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. They provide vital support to management teams and are capable of independently supervising hospitality services and running shifts. They typically work under pressure delivering fantastic customer service and motivating a team. The majority of supervisors’ skills and knowledge are the same but supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of functions reflecting the multi-functional nature of the industry.
- Contribute to and monitor operational procedures, working practices and team performance and make recommendations for business improvements
- Operate within budget, exercising strict resource control and minimising wastage, using appropriate techniques to manage and control costs
- Identify and isolate matters of concern and establish the cause and intervene accordingly to minimise disruption to the service and risk to people
- Supervise the delivery of a quality service that supports the department in achieving overall business objectives
Pathways include: Food and Beverage/Bar/Housekeeping /Front Office/ Events/Hospitality Outlet.
Example job roles include:
Bar Supervisor/House Keeping Supervisor/Concierge Supervisor/Reception Manager/Head of Front of House/Event Manager
- Certification of Hospitality Supervisor
- Apprenticeship standard
- If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment OR progress onto a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You will have access to a learning resource centre. There is a refectory in Victoria House.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“My apprenticeship will help me take the next step in my career at St Austell Brewery and hopefully progress onto an Assistant or General Manager role. I’ve always wanted to understand the kitchen side of things and taking a Commis Chef Apprenticeship gives me a better understanding of the business as a whole.” Joey Harris,... Read more >
“Some businesses get stuck in their ways, but having an apprentice learning with the College can bring new ideas to your business. Apprentices get the opportunity to learn techniques and pick up influences that they might not have the opportunity to in their own company – it opens them up…” Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 18 months
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: Up to 13 months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 18 months