This course is available for beginners and improvers and for intermediate and advanced learners. During the course you will learn a variety of techniques but predominantly you will be taught MIG welding in our welding facility. The intermediate and advanced course caters for those who are working towards competency in welding, who either aspire to coded welding status or simply want to improve their skills.
- Course Type Adult - Leisure
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification N/A
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Beginners/Intermediate
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length 10 weeks
- Start Date Various (Please see below)
- End Date Various (Please see below)
- Day Various (please see below)
- Times 18:00-20:00
- Fee £375.00
- Reduced Fee None
- Course Code K0EWELD0/9/1
This course is available for beginners and improvers and for intermediate and advanced learners. During the course you will learn a variety of techniques but predominantly you will be taught MIG welding in our welding facility. The intermediate and advanced course caters for those who are working towards competency in welding, who either aspire to coded welding status or simply want to improve their skills. You will be challenged to perform more difficult welds using MIG (TIG available on request).
Dates are as follows:
DAY START END TIMES LOCATION Monday 09-Sep-19 18-Nov-19 18:00 – 20:00 Technology Centre Tuesday 08-Oct-19 17-Dec-19 18:00 – 20:00 Technology Centre Monday 13-Jan-20 23-Mar-20 18:00 – 20:00 Technology Centre Tuesday 14-Apr-20 23-Jun-20 18:00 – 20:00 Technology Centre
For further information on intermediate and advanced courses please contact the faculty on:
Telephone: 0845 111 6000
What topics will I study?
- College and Workshop tour
- Welding and Workshop Health and Safety
- Individual course requirements and goals
- Welding Processes (MIG/MAG – MMA – TIG) one or more, depending on ability and progression status
- Machine set up and set down
- Materials and consumables
- Practical demonstrations and individual assessments
- Welding technique and positions
- Various individual practice and welding exercises using various materials and thicknesses
- Handouts on welding information and Health and Safety
- Ending with certificate of attendance and completion
This course can lead to further evening class training to an intermediate and advanced level, with the possibility of completing a Level 2 qualification or a BSEN coding.
- Entry Requirements
Application forms need to be completed and returned to Exeter College.
These courses are very popular, and are carried out on a first come first served basis. If a course is only part full it will be moved to the start month in the following part of the year. E.g. from September to January or January to September. All applicants on that course will have a priority place.
Enrolment will take place on an arranged evening prior to the course commencement.
- Use of College amenities (Toilets, foodand drinks machines)
- Use of the Welding workshop, consisting of 8 welding bays (1 per student)
- Additional Costs
You will need steel toe capped boots and overalls, note pad and pen. All other materials and equipment are supplied by Exeter College.
Additional costs may be encurred for any specific materials needed for training purposes that are not already supplied.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Thursday 17th October 2019, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.