Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair – Advanced Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship programme offers an in-depth, practical approach and a solid platform for anyone seeking technician status.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Motor Vehicle, Transport and Logistics
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Course Length up to 36 months
A Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprentice inspects and repairs a range of heavy vehicles and trailers for dealerships, independent garages and franchise and large fleet operators. The nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment. On completion of this Apprenticeship you will have developed the skills needed to become a lead heavy vehicle and maintenance repair technician.
- Diagnosing and problem solving techniques
- The fundamentals of HV technologies, HV Chassis design, engine, fuels and transmissions
- Requirements of providing roadside assistance
- Carry out final quality checks before handover to the customer without supervision
- Keep updated with emerging new technologies within the HV industry
- Operate effectively as a team member taking ownership and responsibility when required and be honest and accountable in all activities
Example job roles include: Lead Heavy Vehicle Technician/Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician/Fleet Technician
- IFA Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of organisations in the automotive industry.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- A large modern fully equipped workshop
- A state of the art automotive diagnostic laboratory with test simulators and rigs
- A dedicated IT laboratory with internet access
- Four specific automotive training classrooms
- Meeting and function rooms
- Attached restaurant
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: up to 30 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: up to 2 years
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 2 years