Engineering Operative – Intermediate Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship will teach you fundamental principles of engineering, including the technical knowledge within your chosen pathway which include manufacturing, maintenance (electrical/mechanical), electrical and electronic, technical support, fabrication or material finishing.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Engineering, Aerospace and Manufacturing
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Day Release (2 days per week)
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length Up to 15 months
This Apprenticeship will teach you fundamental principles of engineering, including the technical knowledge within your chosen pathway which include manufacturing, maintenance (electrical/mechanical), electrical and electronic, technical support, fabrication or material finishing. This one year course is the ideal starting point for an engineering Apprentice.You will:
This Apprenticeship is ideal if you would like to work in a practical role, pay attention to detail, and have an interest in the engineering, maintenance and creation of products.Next steps: After the Level 2 Apprenticeship, you could move on to the Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Plate Welder or choose a pathway from the Engineering Technician Apprenticeship. You could also move straight into the industry in your chosen engineering field.
- Understand how to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
- Cover relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating to engineering operations
- Cover individual roles and responsibilities within the organisation and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company targets
- Learn about engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
- Identify potential problems that can occur within engineering operations and how they can be avoided
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the college gym.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“Our apprentice, Kurt, has taught us valuable new skills – particularly how to utilise social media as a business. He really has a passion for cars, understands the market and how to reach our customer base. It really has been a two way relationship and we would encourage other businesses not to hold back.” Read more >
“An apprenticeship is a really beneficial route and definitely pays off in the long term. Exeter College has helped in every single way, particularly catering for my dyslexia, and my lecturer makes attending college a pleasure!” Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 42 Months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 30 Months
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Up to 24 Months