Diploma in Residential Childcare (England)
This is the required qualification for practitioners working in the Residential Childcare Sector.
- Course Type Adult - Professional
- Subject Area Care and Education
- Qualification Diploma
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length 108 weeks
- Start Date *Please see below
- End Date *Please see below
- Day * Please see below
- Times *Please see below.
- Fee £1500.00
- Reduced Fee
- Course Code *Please see below
This is a competency based course recognising your ability to gain a good knowledge and understanding of a subject and to perform varied tasks in your workplace. You will be observed and you will also be completing assignments.
This is primarily for those working in a senior position a face-to-face role with children or young people in a residential setting. You will undertake 16 Mandatory units examples of which are listed below together with a choice of optional units dependent on your job role and the needs of the individuals in your care.
Course dates are:
Day Start Finish Time Weeks Fee Site Course code Variable 12-Sep-22 12-Sep-24 Variable 104 £1,500 H G3PRECH0/9/1 Variable 09-Jan-23 10-Jan-25 Variable 104 £1,500 H G3PRECH0/9/2 Variable 17-Apr-23 17-Apr-25 Variable 104 £1,500 H G3PRECH0/9/3
Teaching and learning methods
All delivery takes place in the workplace and via the Onefile portfolio. This course is suitable for independent learners.
Modules and assessment
To achieve the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England), learners must achieve 16 mandatory units and a minimum of 3 optional units.
Examples of Mandatory units:
- Understand the development of children and young people in residential childcare
- Understand how to safeguard and protect children and young people in residential childcare
- Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse
- Promote effective communication and information handling in residential childcare settings
- Support risk management in residential childcare
- Assessment and planning with children and young people in residential childcare
- Support group living in residential childcare
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
Career options and progression
The qualification confirms competence in these areas and serves as the required qualifications for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector where appropriate in England.
You may be able to progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or in Residential Childcare dependent on your job role.
To find out more:
Telephone: 01392 400170
- Entry Requirements
You must be working in a senior position in a residential childcare setting and must complete a DSB/CRB check for your employer. You need excellent communication and organisational skills and be motivated to learn. You will have to undertake an interview and complete a skills scan and an initial assessment.
Grade C/4 or above in in GCSE English is an advantage.
Your Employer will need to confirm your job role and give permission for College staff to enter their premises to carry out observations of your practice.
- Lectures, Tutorial and assessor support
- Online portfolio and resources
- Access to the College learning resource centre
- Additional Costs
Your tutor will discuss appropriate text books with you at the start of your course.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.