Hairdressing Intermediate Apprenticeship
This course is for those wishing to learn the skills necessary to work within the hairdressing industry.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Hairdressing and Barbering
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length Up to 2 years
A Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice will work either as a barber or hairdresser, providing hair cutting, styling and grooming services for men and women.
You will use shampoo and conditioner, cut hair and create a variety of looks. You will also have to learn to work with all hair and facial hair types and communicate well with your clients to provide the best service.
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques
- Choose between: perming hair, hair relaxing treatments/ techniques and hair extensions
- Develop customer service techniques
- Maintain safe working practices
- Creatively assess a client’s requirements
- Advise clients on hair maintenance and management
- Learn effective time management
- Observe professional ethics
Example job roles include: Hairdresser/Hairdressing Assistant
- IFA Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of organisations OR progress onto the Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths. However, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a traineeship or during the delivery of your programme. You need to be passionate about a career in hairdressing and be employed in the industry.
There are several very well equipped hairdressing salons within our Wella Centre of Excellence including our brand new showcase salon. All our students experience our busy commercial environment and gain many assessments on real clients.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.