Construction Management (HNC)
This industry standard HNC qualification is well recognised by employers and provides a variety of topics to offer a well-rounded understanding of all areas of construction.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Study Mode: Full time or Part time
- Course Level Level 4
- Location Future Skills Centre
- Course Length Part time: two years - one day per week OR one year – two days per week
- Start Date September Yearly
- Day One day per week OR two days per week
- Fee £7,795 (full time) £3,898 (part time)
- Course Code HK22
This industry standard qualification is well recognised by employers and provides a variety of topics to offer a well-rounded understanding of all areas of construction. It is ideal if you are already employed in the construction sector. You will study eight units, with an emphasis on higher level construction techniques, design and management of the construction process as well as how services are incorporated into building and the legal aspects of construction. You will have opportunities to put your theoretical knowledge into practice on site visits and in practical sessions in the purpose-built Construction Training centre.
You will take part in off campus site visits and undertake practical sessions in the concrete laboratory, geotechnical laboratory and use surveying equipment. You will also be involved in small group projects and individual research. Assignments are structured to provide experience of working in the construction industry. Some units may require you to sit phase tests and end of unit tests.
Click here to view the Student Handbook for this course: HNC Construction Handbook
Topics will include:
- Design principle and application
- Management principles and application
- Group project
- Science and materials
- Health and Safety
- Conversion and adaption of buildings
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Individual project
This programme is awarded by BTEC.
- Entry Requirements
This programme is a progression route from the successful completion of the Level 3 BTEC National Certificate/Diploma or Extended Diploma in Construction or Civil Engineering, preference will be given to Merit grade students. Students with relevant industry experience will also be considered eligible. GCSE Maths and English is required at grade C (or 4) or above (or equivalent O Level).
- Survey equipment
- Learning resource centre
- Additional Costs
Drawing equipment is required and course books are available but not compulsory. You must provide safety boots.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Part time: two years – one day per week OR one year – two days per week
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: 2 years, part time
- Level: Level 4
- Duration: Part time: two years (one day per week) or one year (two days per week)