BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma courses are equivalent to A Levels and can prepare you for work or university.
Studying a vocational based subject is a great way to gain real experience, skills and knowledge that will equip you to work in your chosen career, meeting required industry standards and best practice. Vocational qualifications often focus on the practical element and will prepare you for a real work environment.
Our courses are designed in partnership with employers to ensure our student's get the skills they need to go on to successful careers in their chosen industry.
Is a vocational qualification for me?
- You can focus on one particular subject area.
- You can develop your practical skills by learning in a hands-on way.
- An ideal qualification for entrance to university. They are coursework based and give a balance of practical work and theory.
Did you know?
- Exeter College won BTEC College of the Year in 2014.
- You can progress on to study University level courses here at Exeter College from many of our vocational courses.
- A triple distinction on a vocational course is the same as 3 A’s at A Level.
What our students are saying
I have enjoyed how much independence I’ve got from the course and how helpful and committed the staff are to help you move on in the next step in your life. I have become a more sociable person, making lots of new friends. I would recommend Exeter College because the teaching here can help you do something fantastic in life.
Exeter College has a very high standard of education and facilities are excellent. I have enjoyed making new friends, gaining more knowledge and improving my football skills with the Sports Academy.
My main achievements having been doing so well in my practical work and being able to focus so hard on my work. I would recommend Exeter College as there is lots of new things for people to try and it can help them in many ways, for example, with confidence as they have to make new friends.