Find inner peace as well as physical and mental wellbeing with this traditional yoga practice incorporating physical postures, breathing exercises, meditation practice and deep relaxation.
- Course Type Adult - Leisure
- Subject Area Wellbeing, Fitness and Lifestyle
- Qualification N/A
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level All levels
- Location Centre for the Creative Industries
- Course Length 10 weeks
- Start Date Various (see below)
- End Date Various (see below)
- Day Mondays
- Times 18.45 - 20.15
- Fee £89.00 per term
- Reduced Fee £28.00 per term
As this is a personal practice you will be encouraged to set your own goals and reflect on your practice throughout the course with ongoing feedback from the tutor as appropriate. Students should wear loose or stretchy clothing and bring socks/jumpers or blankets to keep warm during relaxation.
- Autumn term – 30/09/19 to 9/12/19
- Spring term – 13/01/20 to 23/3/20
- Summer term – 20/4/20 to 29/6/20
What topics will I study?
- Throughout the course you will learn a range of practices including:
- Preliminary exercises to warm up the joints
- Asana (physical postures)
- Standing, seated, supine and prone
- Balances and inversions
- Flowing sequences
- Pranayama (breathing exercises)
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques
- Mudra (energetic seals)
- Mantra (phrases to focus the mind)
- Relaxation techniques
The course will give you an insight into the philosophy underpinning this ancient practice as well as general anatomy and physiology.
- Entry Requirements
All abilities are welcome. Whilst a set class will be taught you are encouraged to take it at your own pace and variations of postures are offered so that you can adapt to suit your needs. You are invited to rest at any time and to listen to the needs of your own body.
You will have an Exeter College ID and access to the learning centres.
- Additional Costs
A sticky (non-slip) yoga mat is required. (Please avoid foam mats as these can be difficult to practice on – please contact the tutor for more information).
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 15th January 2020, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
You may also like
- Level: Beginners
- Duration: 8 weeks