Warehouse Operative – Intermediate Apprenticeship
Apprentices will learn to undertake a range of duties as a Warehousing Operative.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Motor Vehicle, Transport and Logistics
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 2
- Course Length Up to 18 months
A Warehousing and Storage Apprentice will be working as part of a team to carry out warehouse tasks. You will learn how to work well within your team and communicate effectively across large spaces. You will also receive your forklift driving license as part of this Apprenticeship.
- Health and Safety training and the importance of following these procedures
- Learn how to wrap and pack goods effectively
- Learn how to assemble, process, receive and dispatch goods
- Develop effective time management skills
- Receive manual handling training
- Learn to stick to a tight schedule by working with your team to optimise production
Example job roles include: Warehouse Operative/Warehouse Worker/Warehouse Manager
- IFA Warehousing and Storage Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of different organisations, such as Amazon or eBay.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and
in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
The candidate needs to be employed in a vocation relevant to warehousing and storage in the logistics sector.
We have a bespoke training facility, designed to develop candidates while ensuring their safety at all times. We offer accredited training on a variation of lifting equipment.
- Additional Costs
Candidates aged 16-18 all fully funded, however any candidates over 19 are partially funded therefore the employer may be asked to pay a contribution to the programme.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: up to 30 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: up to 36 months