Vehicle Damage Paint Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician will prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Motor Vehicle, Transport and Logistics
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 Months.
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician will prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents. You will be focused on whole paint activities, developing skills in colour matching and all types of finishes. The vehicles can include Cars or Light Commercial Vehicles. As a Level 3 Apprentice you will also learn to communicate with and guide others as a more experienced member of the team.
- Tools and equipment used in vehicle refinishing
- Colour matching
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Repairing major paint defects
- Removing and fitting fixed motor vehicle body panels
- Understanding all the different types of paint finishes
- Supporting job roles in the automotive work environment
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
Example job roles include: Vehicle Paint Sprayer/Paint Technician/Prepper/Painter/Refinish Technician/Car Sprayer/Applications Technician.
- Level 3 Diploma
- Level 3 VRQ and VCQ in Vehicle Accident Repair Body Refinishing
- If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go straight into employment in the automotive industry now qualified to work at industry standard.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- A large modern fully equipped workshop
- A state of the art automotive diagnostic laboratory with test simulators and rigs
- A dedicated IT laboratory with internet access
- Four specific automotive training classrooms
- Meeting and function rooms
- Attached restaurant
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: up to 30 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: up to 36 months