Vehicle Damage Panel Technician – Advanced Apprenticeship
A Vehicle Damage Panel Technician will develop skills in repairing a variety of motor vehicles.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Motor Vehicle, Transport and Logistics
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Technology Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 months.
A Vehicle Damage Panel Technician will develop skills in repairing a variety of motor vehicles. You will develop your skills in repairing and aligning the body and learning more complex techniques. You will also experience working without supervision, guiding others who are less experienced.
- Learning to maintain positive working relationships and help others who may be unsure of what they are doing
- Further developing skills in repairing structural body panels
- How to ensure your own actions reduce Health and Safety risks for yourself and others
- Learning how to expertly remove and replace structural body panels
- Developing leadership skills
- Taking more responsibility for your work and those around you
- Improving your communication skills with fellow team members and with customers
Example job roles include: Lead Vehicle Body Repair Technician/Head Accident Panel Repair Technician/Lead Smart Repair Technician/Senior Vehicle Body Repair Technician.
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair – Body Repair
- Level 3 VRQ and VCQ in Vehicle Accident Repair – Body Repair
- If required: Functional Skills (IT, English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go straight into full time employment as a sole trader or as part of a team.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
- A large modern fully equipped workshop
- A state of the art automotive diagnostic laboratory with test simulators and rigs
- A dedicated IT laboratory with internet access
- Four specific automotive training classrooms
- Meeting and function rooms
- Attached restaurant
- Additional Costs
You will need safety boots, overalls and recommended text books.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: up to 30 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: up to 36 months