Software Developer – Higher Apprenticeship
A Software Developer Apprentice will build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Digital and Technology
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 4
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length Up to 24 months
A Software Developer Apprentice will build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. You will work as part of a larger team on a variety of projects, learning everything you need to pursue your chosen career.
- Understand the development life-cycle
- Understand analysis artefacts, including UML diagrams
- Design and create simple data models and software to effectively communicate understanding of the program
- Design and develop effective user interfaces
- Learn how to code in industry-standard development environments using OOP
- Testing code and analysing results • Build complex algorithms and understand the maths required to be a Software Developer
- Work effectively within a team
- Achieve the standards of a professional and secure working environment
- Understand and utilise skills to build, manage and deploy code into enterprise environments
Next steps: Some Apprentices go into employment, working within a range of organisations or as a freelancer.
- Entry Requirements
Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent). If you do not have these qualifications our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your Apprenticeship.
You will have access to a Learning Resource Centre. There is a refectory in Victoria House.
- Additional Costs
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Our next Open Event is on Wednesday 20th November 2019, 5pm-8pm. Visit our open events page to register today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Up to 18 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: 24 Months