Public Services BSc Hons (Top Up)
This Bachelor of Science Honours (BSc Hons) top up course will be an excellent way to enhance your existing qualifications and open up new career possibilities.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Healthcare, Childcare and Public Services
- Qualification Bachelor of Science Honours Degree (BSc Hons) Top Up
- Study Mode: Full time or Part time
- Course Level Level 6
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length This is a 1 year full time programme or a two year part time programme.
- Start Date September Yearly
- Day The contact time takes place over two consecutive days but hours can vary from one to two full days.
- Fee Full time - £6,995 or Part time - £4,660
- Reduced Fee See below
- Course Code 417N
This course will be an excellent way to enhance your existing qualifications and open up new career possibilities. The programme will enable you to expand on the knowledge and skills gained whilst studying for a Foundation Degree in Public Services or have accumulated 240 credits from other relevant degrees, typically after two full time years (or the equivalent part time) of university studies.
You will have access to dedicated university level facilities, e-learning and mixed media resources within the faculty and enjoy visits from guest speakers from the industry. You will demonstrate your skills using reflection, presentations, IT and guided research. Assessment is completely coursework based and you will attend a mixture of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and seminars.
Topics will include:
- Contemporary issues in the public services
- Human resources management
- Ethics in the public services
- Policy information and partnership working
- Advanced research project
The teaching time takes place over two consecutive days but hours can vary from one to two full days. Additional extra time is required for research and writing up for assessments, placements, etc.
- Entry Requirements
Completion of a Level 5 Foundation Degree or equivalent (120 credits at Levels 4 and 120 at Level 5). GCSE Maths and English is required at grade C (or 4) or above (or equivalent O Level).
You will have access to a learning centre, college gym and cafes, plus higher education study and social areas.
- Additional Costs
Other costs would include the purchase of recommended textbooks, any travel expenses to and from Exeter College, any costs arising from visiting, for example, public services, courts of justice, special events, University of Plymouth campus.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.