Leisure Duty Manager – Advanced Apprenticeship
A Leisure Management Apprentice will manage the day-to-day operation of a leisure facility.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Fitness, Activity Leadership and Leisure
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Victoria House
- Course Length Up to 18 months
A Leisure Management Apprentice will manage the day-to-day operation of a leisure facility. It will be your responsibility to ensure the facility is prepared for use in accordance with the planned activity programme and that all areas are maintained to the highest possible standards of safety, cleanliness, security and operational effectiveness.
- Understand how to open, prepare and close a multi-functional leisure facility, including specific areas such as reception, a swimming pool, fitness suite, sports hall, the changing rooms and spectator zones
- Develop your skills in management, leadership and communication
- Learn the delivery and effective management required for typical programmed activities, such as women only sessions, ethnic minority pool activities, children’s parties and community sports club bookings
- Learn how to provide ‘frontline’ shop floor management and a high level of interaction with staff, customers, and visitors such as contractors and clients
- Understand the importance of customer service and how to deliver this effectively
- Manage Health and Safety in accordance with legal and employer requirements for the safe running of a leisure facility
Example job roles include: Leisure Facility Manager/Front Line People Manager/Customer Service Manager.
- IFA Leisure Management Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment working within a range of leisure organisations in management positions.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide you ideally need to have experience in the leisure industry and already hold a Level 2 leisure industry related qualification and GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths, however, we will work with you and provide additional support in order to help you achieve the functional skills element or GCSE requirements of the Apprenticeship. Support can be delivered either prior to your Apprenticeship via a Pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
You will have access to a fully equipped gym, learning resource centre and cafe.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: Up to 18 months
- Level: Level 3
- Duration: Minimum of 15 months