Health and Social Care Studies BSc (Hons) top up
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care (top-up) programme will provide you with the critical skills and experience required for a variety of roles within the health and social care sector, including health education and promotion, housing, community work, residential care and drug and alcohol services.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Healthcare, Childcare and Uniformed Protective Services
- Qualification Bachelor of Science Honours Degree (BSc Hons) Top Up
- Study Mode: Full time or Part time
- Course Level Level 6
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length This is a 1 year top-up programme or two year, part time programme
- Start Date September Yearly
- Day The contact time takes place over two consecutive days but hours can vary from one to two full days.
- Fee Full time - £7,495 or Part time - £4,997
- Reduced Fee
- Course Code T28V
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care (top-up) programme will provide you with the critical skills and experience required for a variety of roles within the health and social care sector, including health education and promotion, housing, community work, residential care and drug and alcohol services. You will benefit from our strong industry links, with expert guidance and assessment feedback direct from employers. You will also complete vocational experience in the health and social care sector and reflect on your personal and professional development. The broad subject area allows you to tailor your assignments to your specific vocational interests.
You will have access to dedicated higher education facilities, e-learning and mixed media resources within the faculty and enjoy visits from guest speakers and employers. You will demonstrate your skills using reflection, presentations, IT and guided research. Assessment is completely coursework based and you will attend a mixture of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and seminars.
Topics will include:
Year three modules –
- Health and social care futures
- Work based learning
- Working with service users with additional needs
- Interagency and partnership working
- Research methods (dissertation)
- Entry Requirements
For this Level 6 top-up qualification a Level 5 qualification or equivalent is required. GCSE Maths and English is required at grade C (or 4) or above (or equivalent O Level).
You will have access to three different Learning Centres that will provide you with access to computers, books, E Books and Journal articles. There are also a number of coffee shops on site.
- Additional Costs
You will need an enhanced DBS check completed through the College (the cost is currently (£44.00).
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
You may also like
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: 2 years (Full time) or 3 years (Part time)
- Level: Level 6
- Duration: This is a 1 year full time programme or a two year part time programme.
- Level: Level 5
- Duration: Year 1 HNC (2 years part time), Year 2 HND (2 years part time)