Hairdressing – Advanced Apprenticeship
This course is for hairdressers who wish to develop their hairdressing skills further to an advanced level.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Hairdressing, Beauty and Make-Up Artistry
- Qualification Apprenticeship
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 3
- Location Hele Road Centre
- Course Length Up to 2 years
A Hairdressing Apprentice will work without supervision, managing yourself and others when required. You will take full ownership of your client list and accept responsibility for planning your own work time. You will also develop your current techniques and learn more advanced ones, keeping up to date with current styles and trends.
- Create a collection of hairstyle looks
- Develop precise and personalised cutting techniques
- Maintain effective and safe methods of working and effective communication while completing smoothing and strengthening services and colour conversion services
- Maintain strict Health and Safety practices to ensure the customer is safe at all times
- Develop problem solving skills within the workplace and ensure root causes are resolved
- Present, showcase and promote your skills though a collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms
- Provide advice on future services and products
- Evaluate the results of the service to improve further practice
Example job roles include: Lead Hairdresser/Hair Manager/Hair Adviser
- IFA Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship
- End Point Assessment
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go into employment, working within the hair industry as part of a team or independently.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and
in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
There are several very well equipped hairdressing salons within our Wella Centre of Excellence including our brand new showcase salon. All our students experience our busy commercial environment and gain many assessments on real clients.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or send us a message using our contact form: www.exe-coll.ac.uk/contact.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
“I choose hairdressing as I liked the idea of being hands on at work and building friendships with my clientele. The idea of having a desk job didn’t appeal to me. Learning via an apprenticeship seemed like the best option, as I find studying full time in a classroom really difficult.” Laura Hazell, Headstart, Level... Read more >
You may also like
- Level: Level 2
- Duration: Up to 2 years