Construction Technical and Professional – Higher Apprenticeship
The Higher Level Apprenticeship in Technical and Professional Construction has been developed for those working in a Technical or Professional role in the following sectors, Building and Civil Engineering, Highways and Maintenance Repairs, Residential Development, Conservation, Demolition and Tunnelling.
- Course Type Apprenticeship
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Study Mode: Full Time Only
- Course Level Level 4
- Location Construction Centre
- Course Length Up to 24 Months
A Technical and Professional Construction Apprentice will further develop their skills in activities including surveying, planning and organising work, and contracting. You will also be given the knowledge you need to develop your skills in your workplace.
- Understanding sustainable construction
- Preparing programs and schedules of work in construction
- Learning about important building regulations
- Developing skills in construction technology and design
- Preparing estimates, bids and tenders • Graphical detailing, including CAD
- Understanding building surveying
- Implementing contract work in construction
- Monitor, maintain and improve supplies
- Understanding building technology
- Learning about project management in construction
Example job roles include: Lead Construction Technician, Project Manager, Lead Surveyor.
You will achieve:
- BTEC Level 4 HNC in Construction
- Level 4 NVQ in Site Supervision
- If required: Functional Skills (English, Maths)
Next steps… Some Apprentices go straight into employment in a construction company.
- Entry Requirements
Every employer is different and therefore the entry requirements can vary. As a guide, you ideally need GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths and in some cases ICT. However, we will work with you and provide additional support to help you achieve their requirements, either prior to your Apprenticeship via a pre-Apprenticeship or during the delivery of your programme.
Apprentices have access to all facilities across college. These include the college Learning Resource Centres and the College Gym. In particular you will have learn within our purpose built construction centre in Sowton.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.
What our students think?
I would highly recommend any business to take on an apprentice to benefit future generations. As a former apprentice, I really value the apprenticeship scheme and recognise the importance of offering real life, hands on experiences for new apprentices. I have employed two apprentices who have both been very hard working and dedicated to the... Read more >
“My Grandad was a carpenter and so from a young age I have always wanted to be a carpenter too. I thought doing an apprenticeship was the best way to get into the trade. If you prefer to be hands on then this course, or any construction course, is perfect, as you are active all... Read more >