Civil Engineering (HND)
Civil Engineering (HND)
This part time industry standard qualification is ideal if you are already employed in the civil engineering industry with a HNC.
- Course Type University Level
- Subject Area Construction and Trades
- Qualification Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Study Mode: Part Time Only
- Course Level Level 5
- Location Future Skills Centre
- Course Length 2 years, part time
- Start Date September Yearly
- Day One day per week
- Fee £3,748 per annum
- Reduced Fee See below
- Do you want to upgrade your HNC in Civil Engineering to a HND in Civil Engineering?
- Are you keen to further develop your technical knowledge and understanding?
This part time industry standard qualification is ideal if you are already employed in the civil engineering industry with a HNC. It is well recognised by employers and provides a variety of topics to offer a well-rounded understanding of all areas of civil engineering. You will study eight units, with an emphasis on higher level civil engineering techniques, hydraulic principles and application and management principles. You will have opportunities to put your theoretical knowledge into practice with real tasks including solving complex engineering problems as well as practical sessions in the purpose built Construction Training Centre.
You will take part in off-campus site visits. You will also be involved in small group projects and individual research. Assignments are structured to provide experience of working in the industry.
Some units may require you to sit controlled in class assessments.
Topics will include:
- Management Principles and Application
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Law and Contract for Construction
- Project Management
- Applied Mathematics for Complex Engineering Problems
- Advanced Civil Engineering
- Hydraulic Principles and Applications
- Research Project
This programme is awarded by BTEC.
Please click here to view the Programme Handbook for this course: HNC HND Construction Handbook 2020-21
- Entry Requirements
It is expected that you will be employed within the civil engineering industry and be following this course with the agreement of your employer this programme is a progression route from the successful completion of the HNC in Civil Engineering, preference will be given to Merit grade students. GCSE Maths and English is required at grade C (or 4) or above (or equivalent O Level).
- Hydraulic equipment
- Learning resource centre
- Geotechnical and concrete testing lab
- Additional Costs
Course books are available but not compulsory. You must provide safety boots.
Have a question?
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone, our team of Customer Service Advisers can help answer your questions or direct your enquiry to the correct team.
Speak to us today on 01392 400500 or email email@example.com.
Ready to find out more?
Why not come along to one of our open events, a chance to explore our facilities, ask questions about our courses and find out more about being a student at Exeter College. Visit our open events page to find out more today.